It is our pleasure to invite you to the Beyond Flexner 2015 Conference on April 13 -15, 2015.
The Beyond Flexner movement started with a conference in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2012, which brought national attention to schools with strong social mission commitment, created a forum for collaboration and shared innovations among socially accountable medical schools, and legitimized the important role of medical education in addressing health inequities.
Beyond Flexner 2015 will build on the success of the inaugural meeting: identifying targets of opportunity for augmented education reform, networking innovations in the field, and launching ongoing collaborations to support and promote social mission in medical education. The conference will attract medical educators, policy makers, public citizens, residents, students, and movements committed to socially accountable medical education.
Beyond Flexner 2015 will feature speakers including:
- Donald Berwick, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement;
- Barbara Brandt, Director, National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
- Lincoln Chen, President, China Medical Board;
- H. Jack Geiger, Arthur C. Logan Professor Emeritus of Community Medicine, City University of New York Medical School/Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education
- Camara Jones, Senior Fellow, Satcher Health Leadership Institute Morehouse School of Medicine;
- Arthur Kaufman, Vice Chancellor for Community Health Sciences, University of New Mexico;
- Fitzhugh Mullan, Murdock Head Professor of Medicine & Health Policy, The George Washington University;
- Thomas Nasca, CEO of the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and ACGME International;
- Marc Nivet, Chief Diversity Officer, Association of American Medical Colleges;
- Steven Wartman, President and CEO of the Association of Academic Health Centers; and
- Many More!!
Fitzhugh Mullan, MD & Arthur Kaufman, MD